If you’re new to the world of Bluetooth speakers and find yourself wondering which option is worth your money, read on. This product review delves into the ins and outs of the Aiwa Exos-9 so that you can find the speaker for you.
We’ll even compare it to a couple of other top options in the industry and list out the pros and cons to make your decision simple.
What is the Aiwa Exos-9?
- IHOME-STEREO SOUND, INSIDE OR OUT - With 200 watts of continuous power and 5 drivers, including a 6.5" dual-voice coil subwoofer, the Exos-9 delivers amazing stereo sound with deep bass, crisp treble and balanced mids. Distortion-free, even at volumes that will draw the attention of the local authorities.
- ALL-DAY BATTERY LIFE - Your guests will pass out before the Exos-9 does! Keep it plugged in at home or enjoy up to 9 HOURS of incredible unplugged sound with the included quick-swap Lithium-ion battery pack. Perfect for tailgates, camping, backyard fun, the beach, fishing, or any other outdoor activity where nature forgot to install power outlets.
- CONNECT IN SECONDS - Connect to your iPhone, iPad, any Android device, any Kindle tablet, Windows device, PC, or Mac with our with aptX and A2DP support. Android NFC also supported. 3.5mm audio jack for direct connection.
- ULTIMATE CONTROL OVER YOUR MUSIC - Crank the bass, mids, or highs with the 5-band onboard graphic equalizer. Use one of 4 available pre-set options or fine tune the EQ to your liking. The customizable EQ makes the Exos-9 portable speaker perfect for every genre of music, podcasts and audiobooks.
- THE AIWA PROMISE - We proudly stand behind our products. We offer a 60-Day RISK-FREE SATISFACTION GUARANTEE and a 2-year WARRANTY on the Exos-9. If you're not completely thrilled, send it back for a full refund, no questions asked. We'll even pay for return shipping.
The Aiwa Exos-9 is a portable Bluetooth speaker that looks like an old school boom box. But don’t think this boom box is an antique; it’s packed with nearly all the technological feature you could want today.
It’s also the only option on the market today with 5 active drivers for the dual speakers and a dual voice coil subwoofer. This model is among the most impressive in its category, as most other speakers don’t offer as much power or active subwoofers.
Alwa Exos-9: Product Specifications
This Aiwa exos-9 model is the loudest speaker they offer. It packs in 200 watts of power and impressive features that allow this Bluetooth boom box to stand apart from competitors.
Aiwa focuses on clear sound and power over novelty pieces, and the result is a speaker that’s louder than any other portable Bluetooth speaker on the market.
You can hear the crisp treble and punchy brass over any noise, whether you’re working in the garage or tailgating at your favorite sporting event.
What makes this Aiwa exos-9 model even better is that you can unplug the speaker to take it outside, and the speaker will play continuously for nine straight hours.
Plus, you have complete control over how your music sounds, with plenty of controls to crank the bass. The delivery is free of distortions and will never produce clipping sounds, no matter what genre you prefer.
You can also plug in your device to play whatever you want. The speaker is compatible with any device and will connect in seconds. It’s ideal for music, podcasts, and even audiobooks.
Aiwa also supports Android NFC capability. You can even link two speakers together for a huge house party.
Alwa Exos-9: Pricing
Through the platform, you can also sign up for an Amazon Store Card that allows you to make small monthly payments over six months with 0% interest.
They also offer two and three-year protection plans, which are available for an additional price of between $$ and $$, respectively.
Aiwa also backs their products. The company offers a 60-day risk-free guarantee and a year-warranty standard with this speaker, their top-rated option.
If you’re not happy with your Bluetooth boom box speaker, return it for a complete refund. They won’t ask any questions, and they’ll pay for return shipping costs.
If you prefer to purchase the speaker directly from Aiwa, you can. They accept payments via PayPal or Amazon Pay, as well. Buying through the manufacturer over an outside seller comes with a few perks.
Aiwa adds time to the return policy and warranty, providing 90-days for returns and a two-year warranty. They even throw in lifetime technical support and free 3-5 business day shipping.
On their site, you can also purchase accessories for your portable speakers like premium earphones, Bluetooth headphones, or a carrying case for your Exos-9.
How It Compares
Aiwa calls this model their best-seller. It’s the best Bluetooth speaker the company makes, and it comes with an excellent warranty and money-back guarantee for this reason.
It offers much more power than competitors, as most top out around 40 watts versus Aiwa’s 200 watts and adds in active speaker drivers and an impressive subwoofer. No other speaker in this category can compete.
Although the Exos-9 is incredibly easy to use and assemble, it’s made using a hollow plastic design that won’t last forever. Durability is crucial in many customer’s buying today, particularly when technological advances happen every day.
Aiwa may offer a stellar warranty and money-back guarantee, but you probably shouldn’t expect the speaker to last much longer than the warranty. With a portable option made for moving outdoors when you want, you’d think the design would be studier.
- Sonos One - The powerful smart speaker with voice control built in.
- This product has been replaced by Sonos One (Gen 2).
- The timer is capable of displaying up to 23 hours
- This timer features easy-to-use buttons, a clock and Date function
- The timer to function in a wide range of environments.
Both models offer updated features like voice assistant, but they also come with a better build design and the portable Flip 4 is waterproof. Even the UE Blast offers Alexa capabilities along with indoor and outdoor use for a fraction of the price.
- Ultimate Sound: Super-portable with 360° bold, immersive, crystal clear sound and up to 12 hours of battery. It brings your music to life wherever you take it.
- With Alexa hands-free voice control: Just ask Alexa to blast tunes from Spotify, Music, Pandora, TuneIn and more, change tracks, discover new restaurants - or try any of Alexa's skills.
- Connect speakers: Pair up to 8 BLAST and MEGABLAST for more immersive sound or 2 speakers for stereo mode.
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enabled: Use Alexa whenever connected to Wi-Fi or a mobile hotspot or stream music via Bluetooth. Update your speaker via the app as new features become available.
- Waterproof and virtually indestructible: Never worry about going easy on it, your music will always be on point. The speaker is IP67 rated and can be immersed in water up to 1 m for 30 minutes.
While most of the competitors don’t offer the sheer size of the Exos-9, they’re also more lightweight.
Thus, the model is easier to transport, and the speaker won’t take up too much room in the car if you plan to take it on a camping trip or to a tailgating event. The Flip 4 is also a more rugged, waterproof design that can withstand the outdoors.
Where the competitors don’t match up, however, is in the sound. The Flip 4 has an underwhelming mid-range sound and looks basic.
The Sonos One doesn’t even offer high-resolution audio support, although the sound produced is rich and full of body. It also supports Google assistant, AirPlay 2, and Alexa. Plus, the Exos-9 works well both in and outdoors.
Some customers don’t care about voice assistants, though. Aiwa, for example, is a company that focuses on the sound produced over anything else.
While most Bluetooth speakers on the market today have woofers, Aiwa’s option brings more to the table. Most speakers can only reach a mid-range due to the woofer design.
But Aiwa takes a different approach to their speaker, combining two midrange woofers for a balanced and clear sound.
Pros and Cons
The Exos-9 is one of the most top-rated portable Bluetooth speakers on the market today. It can run entirely on batteries for a long time without charging, and it offers stunning sound and customizable controls.
The portability makes customers and experts adore this speaker, as you can create an excellent home audio system, throw a house party for the record books, or take it on the go.
From fishing, pool days, and tailgating, this is the ultimate speaker for fun times.
However, it’s not for everyone. The Exos-9 appears stunning, and the large frame is easily portable, but it’s not rugged or waterproof.
The speaker is also made using cheap plastic, which isn’t as durable as many other portable speakers on the market.
Perhaps the most significant disappointment in this Bluetooth speaker, however, is the technology. Aiwa skipped AirPlay, Google Cast, or any voice assistant capabilities.
Many people today love using their voice assistant, mainly while they’re lounging at the pool listening to music.
Our Final Verdict
The Aiwa Exos-9 is a niche Bluetooth speaker for people who want a loud portable speaker that can use indoors and out.
It has all the technological features you need to plug in your devices and receive quality sounds whether you’re listening to music or a podcast.
However, it doesn’t come with the most recent technology like Google Cast, AirPlay, or offer a built-in voice assistant like Alexa or Siri. We rate the Exos-9 a solid 4 out of 5 stars for this reason.
Overall, it’s a perfect option depending on your needs. Use this speaker to create an audio system in multiple rooms or take it outside sometimes, but don’t expect the Exos-9 to last a long time with constant use outdoors.
The warranty won’t cover your special friend who decided to dunk the speaker in the pool, so definitely make sure not to get the model wet either. Perhaps limit outdoor use with the Exos-9, as the number of situations you can use it may be limited.